Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Funniest/Dumbest Movie Ever?

I recently watched The Three Amigos directed by John Landis and starring Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short as three "amigos." I watched it with a couple of friends, and it was probably the dumbest movie I have watched in a LONG time. There were so many moments that were absolutely ridiculous that I just had to laugh, like the "Singing Bush" scene (the clip below)

That was probably one of the dumbest and funniest scenes in the movie. The "magic chant" they have to say is absolutely hilarious in a really strange way. We had to pause the movie there and watch it over just because it was so ridiculous. There were many other scenes like this one (the dancing and singing in the bar while everyone thought they were cold blooded killers).

I have to say these two videos demonstrate the true nature of cowboys.....NOT! These completely contradict what is commonly accepted as a cowboy. It truly does what a parody is supposed to do: make fun of a certain genre. I found that this movie was pretty funny, but I would definitely not watch it again...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck Yes! this is a very very funny movie and i regret not watching it recently since i think both steve martin and chevy chase are very funny in their own ways.

chaska said...

Okay this is the most ridiculous, funny movie I have ever seen. The clips were so hilarious! Spot on on the description and how its a one time movie. Nice choice of clips and explaining them too. wow.

Bryan Perkins said...

It has been so long since I've seen this movie! It is so funny I remember laughing for days. You have good analysis and I like your use of film clips.

Drew said...

I have never seen this movie, and after the excellent clips shown and how you described the film as a whole, I'll make sure to put it on my netflix cue!

Jimmy said...

I havnt seen/ heard of this movie but by watching your clips you posted I can really see what you mean, but every once and a while people need a movie like this cause they are sometimes just great cause they try to be serious but they just suck at it.

SarahZZ said...

This movie sounds funny. Is it worth watching, though? Or is it just way too dumb? Like... waste-of-time dumb?
I feel like Steve Martin's movie career has kind of gone down the drain. I can't remember the title of his last respectable movie, but I know it's been a while. He and Robin Williams have in recent years been starring in movies that are too dumb to be worth watching.